Benefits of Dental Implants Greensboro NC
Attempts to save a damaged or decaying tooth are only fruitful if the damage is repairable. However, if the damage is severe, it can be a threat to the remaining dental structure, and it is better to replace it. Dental implants are an ideal solution for candidates who want to replace damaged or missing teeth to improve the aesthetic appeal of their smile, renew confidence, improve oral health, and functionality. At Phillips Prosthodontics, we offer a variety of dental and oral healthcare services and specialize in numerous dental procedures, including restorative dentistry procedures such as dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer many benefits over other restorative treatments such as dental crowns, bridges, and dentures.
- Permanent solution – Most other restorative treatments are long-term or flexible short term solutions that last around two to five years at max. Dental implants, however, are a permanent solution, and once the procedure is complete, you don't have to worry about getting a replacement or touch up.
- Prevents further damage – A dental implant replaces the tooth's complete structure inside and out, preventing further decay to the dental structure.
- Prevents bone loss- A missing tooth leaves the gum and the root exposed to bacteria, leading to the development of an infection in the jaw bone. A dental implant replaces the root and acts as an anchor for the artificial tooth. It also preserves the jaw bone's integrity by keeping it secure to the rest of the dental structure, preventing bone loss and damage.
- Improves the Appearance – An implant looks just like your natural teeth and can be made to look even better. In fact, an implant's aesthetic appeal is unmatchable, and it can help improve your self-confidence.
- Comfortable – A crown is a tooth-supported fixture, and so are most other restorative dentistry procedures. Thus, they are a lot more uncomfortable and can damage the existing structure and prove to be extremely uncomfortable for the patient, especially if not done right. An implant is customizable to fit the exact space available and is supported by an anchor embedded in the jaw bone, making it substantially more comfortable.
- Durable – Implants are just as strong as your natural teeth, so you don't have to be extra careful with them as you may need to be with crowns or dentures.
- Improved Speech – Missing teeth can make it harder to pronounce certain alphabets and words. In fact, many people struggle with the pronunciation of s, d, p, b, and t even with crowns and dentures as these fixtures are placed over existing structures and do not fit naturally. An implant, however, works and fits like the original tooth and thus does not cause any speech issues.
- Cost-effective – Because implants are a permanent solution, they are substantially more cost-effective in the long run than crowns or other treatments that need replacement every few years.
You can get a single implant or multiple implants to restore your jaw to its original functionality and appearance. Visit Phillips Prosthodontics for a consultation or visit our website for further details about the services we offer.